Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants released details from its sixth annual Culinary & Cocktail Trends Forecast, a survey of more than 130 chefs, sommeliers, general managers, and bartenders from 75 Kimpton restaurants and bars around the world.
Here are some key takeaways from the report.
1. Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan, and keto diets will become more mainstream.
2. Menus will cross cultural lines.
3. Unexpected ingredients are in.
4. Sustainability and local cuisine continue to take the spotlight.
5. For cocktails, look for new twists on old favorites.
6. Cocktails with little or no alcohol will increase in quality.